Quick Reload not working when including jira-software and jira-servicedesk in pom.xml

Arthur
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2019

Hi!

After we included 

<applications>

<application>

<applicationKey>jira-software</applicationKey>

<version>${jira.version}</version>

</application>

<application>

<applicationKey>jira-servicedesk</applicationKey>

<version>${jira.servicedesk.version}</version>

</application>

</applications>

</configuration>

in the maven-jira-plugin configuration in pom.xml, the Quick Reload (FastDev) Plugin isn't working anymore.

The error message on startup is:

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] ********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] ___ FAILED PLUGIN REPORT _____________________

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 1 plugin failed to load during JIRA startup.

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 'com.atlassian.labs.plugins.quickreload.reloader' - 'Quick Reload - Stealing time back from Maven since 2013. Just press up arrow!'  failed to load.

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Error creating bean with name 'launcher': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is name.pachler.nio.file.ClosedWatchServiceException

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] null

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] It was loaded from /Users/xxx/yyyy/target/jira/home/plugins/installed-plugins/quickreload-1.24.1.jar

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] ********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Any ideas why that is? 

1 answer

0 votes
Kamran Ansari November 27, 2020

@Arthur Hello Arthur,

I know it's been almost 2 years since you posted this question, but I was wondering if you ever found a solution to this.

After installing the latest Atlassian SDK I'm running into this issue too and would appreciate any pointers, hints, or suggestions.

Thanks,

Kamran

Steven Dieckbrader September 16, 2022

Don't you love it? I have the same failed quick reload. It works on one project, but not on another. I have diff'd them extensively and cannot find any suspicious difference in the configurations. I sure wish Atlassian would respond!

Suggest an answer