Quick Filters for Rapid Board planning take all issues above on drag and drop?

Adam Davidson July 3, 2012

I have Quick Filters set up for the Rapid Board to us to filter by version, issue type, component, etc. to allow for us to Plan the issues in the project easier and more effectively. However, if I filter by version for example, and drag and drop an issue into the Sprint while the filter is on, it seems to take everything above this in the unfiltered list into the sprint also...

Is this expected functionality? If so, it renders Quick Filters on the Planning Board useless...

I want to be able to filter, and then drag and drop an issue into the sprint without it taking everything else above it.

3 answers

0 votes
Guido Grune December 5, 2012

In GreenHopper 6.0.8 I have the same behavior with enabled quick filter while pulling down the sprint footer.

How to reproduce:

1. create 3 issues A, B, C
  2. go to planing board with filter that matches the 3 issues
  3. create sprint
  4. rank the issues A highest and C lowest
  5. add a quick filter that just shows C or type C in the filter input field
  6. pull down the sprint footer to add C to the sprint
  7. disable quick filter

expected: Only C is added to the sprint
current: A, B, C were added

0 votes
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2012

This is not expected behaviour. Can you try with the latest GreenHopper, 5.10.4.1?

Thanks,
Shaun

Guido Grune December 5, 2012

In GreenHopper 6.0.8 I have the same behavior with enabled quick filter while pulling down the sprint footer.

How to reproduce:

1. create 3 issues A, B, C
  2. go to planing board with filter that matches the 3 issues
  3. create sprint
  4. rank the issues A highest and C lowest
  5. add a quick filter that just shows C or type C in the filter input field
  6. pull down the sprint footer to add C to the sprint
  7. disable quick filter

expected: Only C is added to the sprint
current: A, B, C were added

0 votes
Adam Davidson July 3, 2012

Please note that it is custom Quick Filters that exhibit this behavior, the default Quick Filters ("My Issues" for example) do not have the same behavior

Suggest an answer