Quick Filter to show only "In Progress"

Micah Mutrux February 16, 2015

I've created a new filter and set the JQL to:

status != "In Progress"

My goal is to hide everything except issues/sub-issues that are not "In Progress", but this filter doesn't change the results at all.  Why doesn't this work?

3 answers

1 vote

It looks like when I change it to 'status = "In Progress"' it does what I want - it hides everything that is not in progress. But this is contrary to my understanding of filters. I thought they were supposed to _filter out_ matching results.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2015

Agile board quick filters are designed to work that way. It shows only what matches the filter and hides everything else.

Cai Black September 14, 2017

Yup. The filters function like an electronic bandpass filter: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Band-pass_filter

JIRA could have chosen a more obvious term for this feature. Perhaps, something like:

Show only results that match:

"Filter" is MUCH shorter though. :-)

Like Simon de Waal likes this
Shane Leese September 28, 2018

"Select" is pretty concise and clear.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2015

That should work. Can you add a screenshot? Is this a quick filter on the agile boards? Or just a search in issue navigator?

This is a quick filter on the agile board.

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2015

So, is the board showing results in "In Progress" even after the quick filter is selected?

Suggest an answer