Quick Filter not remembered after coming back to the page

Masayoshi Tsuchinaga November 2, 2020

I click Quick Filter, named "Recently Updated" and leave the page on Jira Software Cloud version. Then, the quick filter does not remain when I visit the same page again although "Recently Updated" looks still pushed. Do I need some settings to keep quick filter applied?
Jira Server keeps quick filter when revisiting pages.

I know similar issue is reported in the question "Remember quick filter and issue filters when leaving page" and it has been fixed, however I have the problem.

[When clicked]

quick_filter_applied.png

[After revisit]

quick_filter_not_applied_after_coming_back.png

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2020

@Masayoshi Tsuchinaga , welcome to the Community. I haven't really every paid much attention to this TBH. I don't use quick filters all that frequently. However, I just went out an did a quick test and what I experienced seems like a bug.

Here is what I did.

Test 1:

1. navigated to a board
  2. clicked on one of my QFs
  3. navigated to a dashboard
  4. navigated back to the previous board by clicking the search bar and selecting the board under recent boards

Test 1 observations:

The filter was still highlighted as selected however the resulting issues were clearly showing that no QF was selected.

Test 2:

1. using the same board I cleared and reselected a QF
  2. navigated to a Project page
  3. navigated back to the previous board by clicking the search bar and selecting the board under recent boards

Test 2 observations:

This time the QF seems to still be in effect.

So IMO there appears to be a bug here and will report this to Atlassian Support to see what they have to say. IMO, I would prefer that QFs not remain sticky. If they do then it needs to be a per-user situation for sure. Regardless of "to sticky or not to sticky" it needs to be consistent.

FWIW, I found a similar suggestion in JAC (JSWCLOUD-10258 ) but it is a bit different and my real concern here is that the behavior is inconsistent when navigating away and back to a board.

Masayoshi Tsuchinaga November 10, 2020

Sorry for my late reply and I appreciate you have answered quickly.

I did as the following and the result is the same as your Test 1.

1. navigated to a board
  2. clicked on one of my QFs
  3. closed the tab of web browser (Chrome)
  4. reopened the previous board

I agree inconsistent behavior should be resolved and I guess users of Jira Server version who plan migrating to Cloud version want a behavior as Server version (namely your Test 2 case) as we.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2020

Coincidently, I had a screenshare session w/ Atlassian support yesterday. He agreed that the behavior was inconsistent and was going to raise it to development to see if they agree and if so raise a bug. If I hear back w/ a ticket number I will add it here.

Like Masayoshi Tsuchinaga likes this
Masayoshi Tsuchinaga November 10, 2020

Great! Thank you for your kind and quick response.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2020

@Masayoshi Tsuchinaga , I just heard back from Support and they have opened a bug for this that you can watch if you wish - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-75575 

Masayoshi Tsuchinaga November 17, 2020

Thanks for the information. I will watch the bug ticket you mentioned.

Gabriel Cornellier May 2, 2023

Any update on this issue ? we've just migrated to Jira Cloud and notice that the Quick Filters do not stick when browsing between project.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2023

@Gabriel Cornellier , the bug I mentioned (JRACLOUD-75575) has been fixed. If that is what you are inquiring about.

Gabriel Cornellier May 3, 2023

Thanks for the update, Reading the ticket you mention I realize our issue is a bit different. What we are seeing is that if you select some QF then go to a different project and come back to the original project, the QF will no longuer be selected. In the previous server version we use, the QF would be remebered.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2023

Got it. I would report to the Atlassian support desk. They have been a number of issues reported like this and fixed. It appears that maybe there's been a regression.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events