I have created a Structure and just added about 6 Quick Filters (Transforms) to it.
When I attempted to use the new Quick Filters, I was surprised that turning on one filter, seemed to enable about 2 or 3 other filters.
It seemed like some sort of hierarchical control was associated with them.
I turn on the 6th one I added, and 4 filters turn on together.
I edit the name of the 6th one, and the name for the 1st of the 6 filters opens up. (weird)
When I select the 6th one, the first filter shows up as the active filter.
When I disable the 1st filter, all four "grouped' filters are disabled.
Best I know, I was not associating the Quick Filters in any way.
I tried cloning the Structure and starting over, and the new structure keeps the wonky behavior.
Is this a know bug, or have I bumbled across some control with structures unaware?
Partial work around answer:
Structure vendor indicated it is something that might occur due to copying a structure.
Try removing the Transformations, and recreating them. (ouch)
My recommendation: Only have one filter/transformation active when saving a new transformation.
I recreated my structure from scratch and was careful to close each new transformation I created before adding additional transformations. My conjecture is that this problem happened when I added multiple transformations and just pressed "Save" for each of them as I went along.
When I redid my transformation, I closed the transformation after saving it so that I did not have 2,3,4 or more filters open/active when I selected "Save".
Good luck. . . . Your mileage may vary. :-)
New observation 6/4/2019 - Mike Veit
If you created a structure in a browser, you probably should use that same browser if you add new transformations. ie, Avoid creating in Chrome, and add transformation's in IE later.
When using Internet Explorer today I noticed that turning on/off transformations was causing multiple buttons to turn on/off together.
I believe this occurred after I had added a new transformation to a structure I made a month ago.
I happened to switch over to Chrome and I don't see any errant behavior, using the same structure.
It might be that Chrome works better, or that it was initially created using Chrome, so it does not work well in IE if it was created in Chrome.
Typically I work with Chrome, So I think the initial ticket request was in Chrome.
I don't know for certain which browser I used to create either/any of the structures I have, but most of them were made in Chrome.
I'm guessing that there is some browser caching going on.
Maybe Stepan Kholodov can inform us if this is part of the fix for the known issue he is working on.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events