I have some weird problem with my JIRA - the quick create issue button is visible to a user that has no permissions to any of the projects - http://i.imgur.com/gGqKa.png
As you can see, there is no project or issue tab. Dashboard also does not display "Filter Results" gadgets, even though 2 have been added by administrator. And there is no quick search bar either.
Does anyone know why this has happened and how to fix it? If I click that link, it pops up the normal create issue form for one of the projects (only one). I have not tried actually creating an issue though.
Ok, I believe I have found the source of the problem. I have a custom group picker field that has permission to create issues. It was put there to give certain users permission to create subtasks for that particular issue (if it is filled out). I'm guessing it does not work that way. After a quick google, this confirmed it: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-26659?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel
Apparently, null == access to everyone :)
Please confirm the following information.
"As you can see, there is no project or issue tab. Dashboard also does not display "Filter Results" gadgets, even though 2 have been added by administrator. And there is no quick search bar either."
I assume your Global Permision is configure perfectly but is not relate to Create Issues permission which you need to double check on individual permission scheme.
That user has the following permissions:
1. Permission to be assigned to issues - default permission scheme (not really used in any of the projects)
2. Permission to browse projects and issues - default permission scheme
3. Permission to use JIRA - global
4. Permission to use user picker (?) - global (i got this from a query i made, to double check the database records - it selects data from table 'schemepermissions'. SCHEME was NULL, so it means global permission, PERMISSION was 27, which from the java file is 'public static final int USER_PICKER = 27;'
5. Permission to set issue security - default permission scheme.
Note that default permission scheme is not used for any projects. The user does not have Create Issues permissions in any of the schemes, used or not.
We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs