Questions from a new user

Hello,

I am trying to evaluate various Gantt tools in JIRA, and have a few questions about Gantt-Chart for JIRA that I couldn't find in the documentation.

1)  Is there a way for the Gantt chart to use the duration field to calculate the end date?  If so, how do I implement this?

2)  The default Gantt chart that is made for an existing JIRA project seems to sort by assignee.  How can I organize this into various "groups"?  For example, I would like to have a "Preliminary Design" stage, and group several tasks under that.

Thanks for your help!

Patrick K.

1 answer

Hi

I test all of JIRA Gantt plugins and unfortunately, I didn't have good experiences with them. Indeed if you need to see all of your tasks at a single view like MS Project you see they work slowly and I think it's because of browsers that not strong enough to showing huge lists of tasks. I suggest tools like Ceptah that sync your issues with MS project. You simply track your issues in JIRA and use scheduling capability of MS Project for rest of them.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 8 hours ago in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

100 views 4 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you