Questions about jira server version

Min
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 25, 2018

Our Company has plan that architect JIRA Software(Server version). 

We have two methods. 

1. On-premise

2. AWS 

So, I have some question. 

1. Could you tell us, What are the On-premise and AWS ratios of server version customers?

2. Are you planning to upgrade your software architecture?

We only can approach attachment(attached file) in JIRA local server. But we want to division the file server and web server. So we wonder that there are plans to upgrade the JIRA architecture to what we want?

Please give specific and quick answers. :) 

Thanks. 

[Question restored so that the answer has some context]

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2018

There is no way to know.

Atlassian do have a list of current licences, but

1.  Licences are perpetual, they have no way to know how many people have stopped paying maintenance, but are still running Jira

2. Atlassian have no way of knowing what people are running their Jira systems on. 

So there is absolutely no way to know how many Server systems are out there, let alone what they're running on.

I'm not sure what you're looking for with the question about "upgrade software architecture".  As for your "division", it makes no sense - there is no "file server" for a start.  Jira is a web-application that runs in an application server (Tomcat), that's the core of the architecture, and there's nothing to "upgrade" there, beyond using the latest Tomcat.

Suggest an answer