Question regarding "Resolved By" tickets

Jean-Baptiste Bazot May 7, 2022

Hi everyone,

I have a problem, I'm simply trying to display a list of specific user who marked as RESOLVED some tickets with the Pie Chart gadget.

I have my filters to see the relevant list of tickets I want, I even limit the "resolver" with specific usernames.

project = XYZ AND created >= -90d AND status was Resolved by (username1, username2, username3)

But the issue is when I try to build a dashboard with a gadget. As we do not have a proper "Resolver" or "Resolved By" field. I can only display assignees. Which of course, hijack the result displayed in the gadget (like Pie chart).

Any help or workaround?

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2022

Hi @Jean-Baptiste Bazot 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The user who resolved the ticket is not provided by Jira out of the box. You can talk to your administrator to create a custom field to store that data and fill that field with a workflow post function (as Nic proposed). 

However, you still won't get accurate historical results for the issues that have already been resolved. You will need a bulk update for these issues. On the other hand, if your workflow supports reopening and resolving multiple times, that will be another thing to consider. about. Some may want to see the user who solved the ticket first while others may want to see the user who solved the issue last.

I can suggest looking for an app for these purposes. For instance, Enhancer Plugin comes with First/Last Resolution User custom field which your admin can easily define and see in any chart (after reindexing of course).

There might be other solutions, I am one of the folks behind this plugin.

Jean-Baptiste Bazot May 8, 2022

Thank you

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This is a problem with reporting, not JQL.  You'll need to find or write something that can read the resolver out of the issue history, either a report that does it directly, or something that puts it into a new field.

Easiest option is to create your own resolver field, and then edit your workflows, adding a post-function to the "resolve issue" transitions, one that sets your field to "current user".  You can also do that with an automation.

Jean-Baptiste Bazot May 7, 2022

Thank you for your reply.

I only have project admin permission, not full admin Jira permission.

It's a shame that I can tell Jira in JQL to show only tickets revolved by certain users, but then because we lack a proper resolver field, I cannot see this data in a simple pie chart in a dashboard.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2022

Just to be clear - JQL is not the problem here, it's what you are using to display the results.  JQL is doing what you need it to - finding the issues.

Jean-Baptiste Bazot May 8, 2022

Absolutely, I never said it was :)

Suggest an answer