Question about variable JIRA in web console

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2015

I run into a variable (or library?) JIRA in the web console. It has many functions, like JIRA.IssueNavigator, JIRA.parseOptionsFromFieldset, etc.

Anyone knows what is this and if there is any documentation available?

Thanks in advance,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2015

Hi Adolfo,

JIRA is an utility class, but you have already noticed that. I am not sure if there is any documentation available(I'll edit my answer if I'll find something), but the method names should be clear enough to safely use it. Additionally, if you're curious about what's happening behind the scenes, most of the functions are available if you just type the function(without invoking it), like this:

JIRA.parseOptionsFromFieldset

If this is not enough for you, try to search for Issue.js file in the Atlassian JIRA sources(freely available for any license bigger than 10 users)

Hope this helps,

Silviu

Suggest an answer