Question about JIRA Server Transitions and screens

James Malgieri October 17, 2019

A group we are working with has set up some transitons and screens that I just don't know how they managed to create.

We are using Jira Server 8.1.3. and have a state transition set up kind of like the one below. T=transition and S=screen   The transitions from State A->B, B->A and C->D are all T1. However,  A->B is using T1 with Screen 1, B->A is using T1 with Screen 2 and C->C is using T1 with Screen 3 - all I can manage is T1 using a single screen for all three. If I were to change the T1 screen going from A->B to S5 all of the T1 change to S5.

Additionally, two of the State D transitions use the same transition. If I try to use the same transition for a state twice, I get a warning telling me there is a already a tranition with the same name and I then cannot use that transion again.

Any idea how they did these? Is there a plugin being used? I have no idea.

2019-10-17_17_16_08.jpg

Thank You,

Jim

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2019

Are they really different transitions? Maybe these are different transitions with the same name.

If you are the Jira admin, you can see if these are different transitions or the same transitions reused. Also, you can hide fields and tabs with add-ons in screens for example with Behaviour (scriptrunner)

James Malgieri October 18, 2019

"Maybe these are different transitions with the same name."  Perhaps. I'll check.

Thanks for the suggestion

Suggest an answer