Query to track resolution status changes daily, ordered by assignee? Help

Eugene Tarasov (admin) March 6, 2017

Hello JIRA community, 

I have the following query criteria that I'm struggling to create:

List or a number of issues that changed Resolutions status  to "Code Changed" each day between a set of dates, say Feb 8th and April 4th grouped by assignee. Essentially, I'd like to know the velocity each developer checks in code daily to estimate how many bugs he/she can resolve within a day.

So far I’ve only managed to create a query that displays all issues with resolution status of  "Code Changed" from Feb 8th to April 4th, but am struggling to figure out how to see the number of issues changing the resolution to this status on daily basis ordered/sorted by Assignee

project = STAR AND Sprint = 57 AND updated >= 2017-02-08 AND updated <= 2017-04-04 AND resolution was "Code Changed"  ORDER BY assignee

Greatly appreciate your help.

1 answer

1 vote
Alina Fecheta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2017

Hello,

There is no "Group By" clause in JQL, since a jql query basivally works like the "Where" clause in a SQL query.

You can query for :

resolution changed to "<value>" after <date> and resolution changed to "<value>" before <date>

Eugene Tarasov (admin) March 7, 2017

Thank you very much Alina, it worked! Ran the following query

project = STAR AND Sprint = 57 AND updated >= 2017-02-08 AND updated <= 2017-04-04 AND resolution was "Fixed (Code Changed)"  ORDER BY assignee

But, now I need to take an extra step to determine the velocity. I need to take an average resolution changes by every assignee over this period of time. Example in the past 2 months, 1 engineer made 60 code changes, so an average would be 1 bug fix (code change) per day. Any idea for a JIRA query for this?

Suggest an answer