Query concerning commits listed for issue

ChuckieAJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 24, 2020

I made some changes to my code and pushed the commit using TortoiseGit.

I then realised I needed to amend the commit message so I used a Amend Last Commit feature and did a force push.

Now, in BitBucket I see one commit (as I expected):

B56CF9F9-886E-4140-B9C1-F5D12FD787B6.jpeg

But when I view the linked issue in Jira is shows the two commits:

B264FBBC-48C1-4BE2-B981-397F77E2641D.jpegHow can that be fixed?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 26, 2020

@ChuckieAJ 

Did you check the following doc see if it can help with your problem?

https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/use-smart-commits/

Best,

Fadoua

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 26, 2020

I use git bash to push my changes to BB never had an issue like yours. I do change my comments many times (I am a DataCenter user it could be the reason)

All the best

Fadoua

Andrew Truckle December 26, 2020

I used tortoisegit check for updates. Typed the commit and hit push. 

Then I did Git Commit and Amend Last Commit and edited message. Then I did push force with known changes. 

If I amend the last commit before I have pushed it then things are ok. It was when I did the push with force. 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 26, 2020

Did you try the smart commits link I sent you?

ChuckieAJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2020

I used tortoisegit check for updates. Typed the commit and hit push. 

Then I did Git Commit and Amend Last Commit and edited message. Then I did push force with known changes. 

If I amend the last commit before I have pushed it then things are ok. It was when I did the push with force. 

ChuckieAJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 26, 2020

@Fadoua No I have not tried. That linked article has a lot of information over my head. I only have one single commit that I would like Jira to exclude. 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 26, 2020

Any Dev environment to test?

That link I shared has a valuable info, I will try it myself.

I am not familiar with tortoisegit at all.

ChuckieAJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 26, 2020

As I showed in my screen shots @Fadoua , the link between Bitbucket and my source is fine. The issue was that Jira was not excluding stale commits. Bitbucket does but not Jira. 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 26, 2020

Yes I did see that on the issue in Jira showing twice the commit.

Let me google and see why is that happening.

Will get back to you

Best,

Fadoua

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 26, 2020

@ChuckieAJ 

Take a look at the following, the screenshot has more than one commit.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/view-development-information-for-an-issue/

Suggest an answer