Query certain subtasks from a subset of parent tasks

Jeffrey H July 14, 2015

I need some help creating a query, I am trying to create a custom filter to displays the following:

I need to display a set of subtasks based on a certain filter, and I need to filter out some of the subtasks where the parent task is in a certain status.

I want to show, Query 1:

Project = "Operations Projects" AND status not in (Completed, Canceled) AND issuetype = "Project Task"

In addition to that, I need to filter out any Sub-tasks (Project tasks in this case) where the Parent record (Project) is in a certain workflow status.  The filter for the parent tasks would be, Query 2:

Project = "Operations Projects" AND status not in ("Not Active", Canceled, Completed) AND issuetype = Project

In short, I want to show all the subtasks in query 1, from parent tasks within query 2.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2015

You totally need the Scriptrunner plugin for that. See all the nifty JQL function it has: 

https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Scripted+JQL+Functions#ScriptedJQLFunctions-subtasksOf(Subquery)

Your query would look something like this:

issuefunction in subtask of ("query2") AND ("query 1")

Edit: The plugin is free.

0 votes
Jeffrey H July 14, 2015

That works great, thank you!

Suggest an answer