Query all stories/tasks under epics assigned to a specific user

I would like to make a query that shows all stories/tasks that fall under epics assigned to specific users. I am trying to develop a board using a filter to display the status of all epics assigned to me only. Various other users may be assigned to stories/tasks under these epics, but I would still like to be able to see them on my board so that I can track their statue.

2 answers

0 vote
Tayyab Bashir Community Champion Oct 14, 2017

Try this:

issuetype in (Story, Task) and assignee = currentUser() and "Epic Link" is not EMPTY

Thanks Tayyab. This would only pull stories and tasks assigned to the current user. Instead, what I want to do is see all stories/tasks that fall under epics where the epic is assigned to me. That way I could build a kanban board using the query that would allow me to see how all stories/tasks are progressing, regardless of how many different epics I am tracking.

Tayyab Bashir Community Champion Oct 15, 2017

Hi,
You can replace currentUser() with your own user name.

If you have ScriptRunner installed then you can use the following query, 

issueFunction in issuesInEpics('assignee = abcd') and issuetype in (story, task)

Replace assignee = 'abcd' with your own username. 

0 vote

Hi Aaron,

Are you using Cloud or Server?

If you are in Cloud you can try the following:

project = JRA and parentEpic = JRA-123

This will "return all the issues in the specified epic(s) AND their sub-tasks."  Take a look at Dave Meyer's response in JQL to show all issues AND subtasks in the Epic.

In Server you may want to look at ScriptRunner.

Cheers,

Branden

Thanks Branden,

The query example you provided would work only for a specified epic (or epics if I listed them all). I was looking for a query that would change organically as epics were assigned to me.

Thanks again for attempting to answer.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

290 views 3 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you