Query a single value from a multi-value field

Deleted user September 6, 2022

I would like to write a JQL query that will select a specific value from a multi-value field of a Jira issue

The example is the earliest timestamp in the issue history that is later than a a given date. If the issue is changed every day and my given date is "wednesday" then the result would be "thursday".

Can this be done in JQL ?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2022

JQL looks at multi-select fields as though they are a list of options (which they are).

If you have an issue with Monday, Wednesday and Friday in the "day" field, then JQL will look at all three when you ask it "show me issues where 'day' = Wednesday", and hence it will return that issue.

Deleted user September 6, 2022

Hello Nic

the Monday/Wednesday example is causing confusion -- please ignore it. 

What i am trying to do is show engineers the issues that have comments and other updates in the recent past. This is to draw their attention to new information at a glance and save them opening each of their assigned tickets in turn to see if anything has changed.

In some ways this is similar to how outlook shows your unread email messages in bold.

I want to use the issue's update history to highlight, for example all issues with updates in past 3 days.

Best regards -- Kevin

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2022

Ok, so search for "updated > -3d order by updated" - that will list everything updated in the last three days.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events