Query Start Date for tickets that start next week

Nick Eden February 8, 2015

Hi All,

using JIRA 6.3. We have a custom field called start date.

I am trying to run a query to capture all tickets that will start as of next week. However the query is not working for me. I am following the guidelines here from the Advanced searching doc:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching#AdvancedSearching-startOfDay%28%29

I have created a ticket with a start date in 3 days, In a very simple statement like:

"Start date" = startOfWeek()

I get no results.

What I would like is to get a view for all the tickets with a start date in this week. And also for next week so that we can view team resource.

Can anyone assist. Thanks in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
Nick Eden February 8, 2015

Hi Andrew, thanks for the prompt response. Got it, I will give your statements a bash and revert.

In the meantime I seem to have got it to work this morning by using the following:

"Start date" >= startOfWeek(1w) AND "Start date" <= startOfWeek(2w)

Statement not as clean as yours though.

Nick

0 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2015

Hi Nick,

startOfWeek() is actually the date of the start of the week, so Start Date = startOfWeek() only searches for issues that have a Start Date that is the same as the date at the start of the week. To search for everything with a Start Date this week you would need ("Start Date" AFTER startOfWeek() and "Start Date" BEFORE endOfWeek()).

For the next week you can use ("Start Date" AFTER startOfWeek(7d) and "Start Date" BEFORE endOfWeek(7d)). The 7d says "look for issues with a Start Date after the date 7 days from the start of this week.

Andrew

Suggest an answer