Query Crossing All Projects

Cory Lucas-Stewart October 26, 2017

I am having a hard time finding/building a query that can pull like tickets across multiple projects.  Help.  It would be best to not have to list each project name in the query if I can avoid it.

1 answer

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2017

Hi Cory

It probably would have been useful if you'd let us see what your query looks like so far, or given some more detail, because your question as it stands is quite vague.

Having said that, I'm guessing you're talking about a JQL query and the possible answer to your question is that you just don't specify the project(s). So if you run a query type = Bug, it will return ALL bugs, regardless of which project they're in.

Cory Lucas-Stewart October 26, 2017

I'm new to JQL so just looking for guidance.  I should be more clear though for what I need is a query that shows ALL linked tickets across all projects.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2017

What are you meaning by "linked"?  Issue links?  If so, what is the starting point?  (As Warren says, start by leaving the project out of the query, that will select all projects)

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2017

If you are looking to get issues with issue links, then there is currently no option to do that without a plugin. 
You can look into plugins like ScriptRunner for this. 

This will give you additional JQL functions. 

For e.g. following would return all the issue which have issue links

issueFunction in hasLinks()

And for e.g. if you wanted to get issues which have issue links named 'blocks'.
Then you can do that as follows. 

issueFunction in hasLinks(blocks)
Cory Lucas-Stewart October 27, 2017

OK. So this type = Bug works great but is it possible to take this to the next level by adding to it that i want to know if a bug in project A is linked to project B ... project B is what is important to me so if there is a bug i already know about it but if then another project is like woah we have a bug and now links it to my project B bug for they are related then in need to be able to track that also.  

not looking for actual links more for linked issues.  

I hope I'm beginning to make more sense.  I am super new to JIRA and Confluence and am working myself through manuals and online trainings as fast as I humanly can. Any direction would be appreciated.

Suggest an answer