Putting an issue 'on hold' does not affect Resolution Time

Similar to this post:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/59054.

I'm looking for a way to accomplish this (natively, if possible).  This question was asked back in 2012... I'm hoping that maybe I'm missing something??

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

Hey Robert,

I would suggest the same approach that Alexey stated in the most recent comment on the link you posted.
As this goes into the area of SLA handling, the easiest way would be to use an SLA addon that counts the time worked on the issue and excludes the time in certain status.
One plugin I've personally used is Time to SLA which should offer what you're looking for and also comes with a counter that displays the time remaining depending on the configuration you set.

If you're looking for a full service desk experience, you should give JIRA Service Desk as try, as this not only offers SLA management but also a lot of other features that your service team could benefit from.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Philipp

Thank you.  I'll look into this.

Robert

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,755 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot