Purchase Order Tracking and Managing in Each Project

Nidhi Sachin Jindal January 10, 2019

Hi,

I am new in this Jira application, was looking to add the Purchase Order in the Project but didn't get any response in it. Would you guys help me out in this how to add the Purchase Orders against each Project and How to manage it in Jira core (cloud) itself?

Thanks

1 answer

2 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2019

Hello Nidhi,

thank you for raising this question.

Can you please give us more details of what would be the requirements of a Purchase Order? I mean, what kind of fields, features and workflow this should have?

Basically, you can create a new issue type called Purchase Order to properly register/track the progress of it. 

To configure a new issue type, you can navigate to your JIRA > JIRA settings > Issues > Issue Types and click add a new Issue Type. Then, add the issue type to the relevant Issue Type Scheme used by your project.

Once you create it, we will be waiting for your answer to better understand the requirements and workflow settings you are expecting, so we can give you the proper instructions to achieve it.

Nidhi Sachin Jindal January 14, 2019

Hi Petterson,

Appreciated your response!

Actually I am looking for the option where I can manage my Projects related to Budget/Cost Revenue/Total Approved Hours by Client. And only for this requirement I was looking for the Purchase Order Feature, where amount and hours approved by Client can be added at Project level. There should be some section in Jira where we can add such confidential detail and only Higher Management/Project manager/Program Manager can have access in it.

I am good with creating new Issue Type but its not related to the current requirement.

I believe it will give you bit clear picture of requirements.

Thanks

thejustbrand November 20, 2020

Hi @Nidhi Sachin Jindal Did you get to an elegant solution for this? We need the exact same thing. We are a development agency and need to track out time tracked on issues on projects against a Clients PO

Kind regards

Brian

Suggest an answer