Pull a report on workflow transitions

Matthieu Imbert November 30, 2022

Can you pull a report from Jira on workflow transitions and see which transitions are not being used to then tailor the workflow to suit?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

Hi @Matthieu Imbert 

Like you have a bunch of possible branches for your workflow (assuming transitions that go to different statuses), and you want to know if tickets ever spend any time in certain statuses?

The first thing that comes to mind is the Time in Status add-on for Jira which has reports specifically like this.

The other ideas I had were using custom fields or comments to track this, but that's messy and would also need an add-on like ScriptRunner or Automation for Jira to populate those fields.

Matthieu Imbert December 1, 2022

Hi Darryl 

I had a feeling it would need an add-on not an out of the box thing. I think the time in status one would be the way to go to make the process of workflows lean and improve in that space.

thanks for the advice and suggestion

0 votes
Karolina Wons_SaaSJet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2022

Hello @Matthieu Imbert 

As for me, the easiest way is to use some add-ons from the Marketplace. Time between Statuses can be helpful in your case. You just need to set Start and Stop timers. It will help you to track the time in a particular status. 

If any data regarding the status is not displayed, there were not any transitions to this status.

This add-on is developed by my team. Let me know if you have any questions.

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 2, 2022

Hi @Matthieu Imbert 

If you are fine with a mktplace app, to get this data, you can try out our plugin

Agile Tools : Epic Tree, Links Tree, Time in Status & Worklogs

Through the app you can track time both at the status level, i.e. how much time the issue spent in each status and also time spent with Assignee.

Also if your team enters worklogs, the app helps to pull out reports based on that too.

Do try it out.

Disclaimer : I work for the team which developed this app

TIS.PNG

Suggest an answer