Pull Jira report using REST API

Tana Ghosh March 20, 2019

Is it possible to pull a Jira report using REST API. For example, I have a sprint reports, can I pull the report from Jira using rest API.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2019

Hello,

It is not possible to pull a report, if it is not supported by the developer. You can not pull the Sprint Report. You would need to pull issues, history and create the Sprint report yourself.

Ah okay this is really helpful. Thank you!

I am planning to create a Jira dashboard with few reports like "Created vs Resolved report". Can I pull this dashboard using rest api.

Like Franco Martinez likes this
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2019

You can't. All out of the box reports can not be pulled out by rest.

lou_rodriguez November 1, 2021

Hi Alexy. Would you be able to tell me which API endpoints to use to build a sprint report.  I want to gather the sprint report metrics and import them to another app my company is creating.

Mark Ahnell November 3, 2021

@lou_rodriguez 

/rest/greenhopper/latest/rapid/charts/sprintreport?rapidViewId=(boardId)&sprintId=(sprintId)

Like # people like this
1 vote
Mark Ahnell May 25, 2020

@Alexey Matveev , it is possible.  

String requestUrl = baseUrl + "/rest/greenhopper/latest/rapid/charts/sprintreport?rapidViewId=" + boardId + "&sprintId=" + sprintId;

nandini 0698 November 11, 2021

is there any API Available to pull all the sprint reports of a team in a project without using sprintId,rapidViewId

can we pull the jira reports based on project alone without using SprintId,rapidViewId?

Mark Ahnell November 12, 2021

You can call the Get all boards API and pass in a projectKeyOrId parameter.  

/rest/agile/1.0/board?projectKeyOrId={projectKeyOrId}

Loop through the results of that and call Get all sprints for each Board:

/rest/agile/1.0/board/{boardId}/sprint

You can then call the Sprint Report for each Sprint.

/rest/greenhopper/latest/rapid/charts/sprintreport?rapidViewId={boardId}&sprintId={sprintId}

nandini 0698 December 2, 2021

thanks but projectKey/projectId filter is not working even though I give it correctly.Its returnig me all the available jira boards.

1 vote
MorRein January 17, 2020

See this answer to a similar question: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Sprint-Velocity-using-Jira-Agile-REST-API/qaq-p/539237#M76894

TL;DR: It's possible, but not documented. You'll have to find the REST-URL manually by creating the report and watching the requests in your browser's devtools.

Suggest an answer