Publish edited workflow

ylopez November 25, 2020

Hi, I'm try to edit a Workflow an I get this error when I try to publish.screenshot-liddeo.atlassian.net-2020.11.25-17_49_41.png

This is the original WorkFlow
screenshot-liddeo.atlassian.net-2020.11.30-10_22_51.png

And this is how I modify it

screenshot-liddeo.atlassian.net-2020.11.30-10_22_51 (1).png

The draft is saved OK but I get this error when try to publish the draft. (translated with Google): 

You are editing a draft workflow. The 'Escalado' step has no outbound transitions in the active workflow, so no outbound transitions can be added in the draft workflow.

1 answer

0 votes
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2020

Hello,

Yes this is a normal message that you get when editing a workflow that is currently being used by at least 1 project. You have the choice to either keep a copy of the old workflow, or only keep the latest version.

What I recommend is to only keep copies once in a while to be able to go back to a quite up to date Workflow in case the current one breaks down, but I usually don't keep a copy.

Let me know if it helped,

Guilhem

ylopez November 28, 2020

Ok, but what I should do to save the change I made ? 

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2020

The change is saved no matter if you choose to make a copy or not.
It will only not be saved if you cancel at this step.

ylopez November 30, 2020

Hello, I have updated the question adding more details of the problem.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2020

Yes, this is a known circumstance - the solution is written in this thread.
Especially in the post from Pankaj Verma (Apr 16, 2019) there is a step-by-step howto.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events