Publish draft for workflows

We've noticed that sometimes we have to publish draft on workflows more than once to get them to work.  Should we publish the draft after each change?  Is there a limit to how many changes you can publish at one time?

2 answers

Draft workflows per se are NON-ACTIVE unless you publish them. So if  you want your changes to be ACTIVE (applied to the workflow), you should always publish them. There is no limit, you make as many changes as you want to a Draft workflow and all those changes will only be applied once published.

Hi Vicki, 

it may seem to be published later on. I experienced this as well.

Question to all: Could it be, that the published workflow in specific cases only affect new created issues - after published workflow?

Can you give an example on what did you experience for this?

I experienced this behaviour when I modified some transition actions, for example post action. But I am very sorry, I can't remember exactly.

An elusive bug, we'll catch that someday.

Thanks for all your comments/answers. It is a sporadic thing, thank goodness. It happened to me yesterday. I added several post functions and conditions and a couple of them didn't publish making me redo them. I wasn't able to figure out why as I published each one as I create them.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

165 views 4 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you