Property value to restrict deleting attachment from issue in workflow status?

ron_lindstrom_picotrading_com September 11, 2017

I have a project in Jira where users create tickets and attach documents at creation.  Once past a certain point in the workflow we want to lock down the ticket so it cannot be editted and attachments cannot be updated (deleted and attached).

The ticket lock down is working as expected with only the listed group being able to make changes:

jira.permission.edit.group = GROUPNAME

But the attachment lockdown is not working to prevent deletions:

jira.permission.attachdeleteall.group = GROUPNAME

Do I have something incorrect or does this functionality not exist anymore?

Server 7.1.10

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2017

I tested this out in JIRA 7.4.2.  I found that I actually had to use two different workflow properties to lock this down in the workflow versus the permission scheme:

jira.permission.attachdeleteown.group
jira.permission.attachdeleteall.group

In both cases I set the property value to be a group such as 'jira-administrators'.  

workflowprop5.png

I then tested this by having different users add attachments to the issue.   I found that when the issue was in this specific state, only 'jira-administrator' group members had the ability to delete attachments from that issue.   Without both of these, it still looks like the user that originally uploaded the attachment still has the ability to remove it.

ron_lindstrom_picotrading_com September 12, 2017

That works - thanks!

Like Simon Hedges likes this
Simon Hedges March 28, 2019

Worked for me too - thanks!

PS April 15, 2020

Hi @Simon Hedges , @ron_lindstrom_picotrading_com @Andy Heinzer ,

Please help me..

This is not working for me. I have tried these properties in the status to lock the permission but it is still showing the delete option.

We are working in 7.12.3 version.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2020

Hi @Sreekala Dande,

I just tested these same steps against the same version, 7.12.3.  This still works for me. 

The caveat with doing this is that after you apply these properties to the status/workflow step, you still do need to publish that workflow for these settings to take affect.  If you haven't published that workflow since you added them, they are not technically applied just yet.

Try publishing that workflow and let me know if this helps.

Andy

PS April 16, 2020

Hi @Andy Heinzer

It worked for me now.. I did mistake in adding the property Value. 

Thank You so much.

Like Andy Heinzer likes this

Suggest an answer