Project weekly meeting with JIRA

Hello,

We are using Excel to manage tasks of our projects (industrial project). We've planned to switch to JIRA as Excel is not very friendly, and the number of tasks is too important. We will also customize JIRA to add specific fields, manage deliverables of Milestones......

We have a weekly meeting to review status of the project with all departments involved in the project (manufacturing, engineering...): how can we do this meeting with JIRA ? how can we write the minutes ?

Filter the tasks that are late or due this week, review them during the meeting and add live comments or update status ? or let the people update their tasks before the meeting and just review the status during the meeting ?  The minutes of the meeting would be a copy/paste of the tasks reviewed during the meeting ?

Any suggestions ?

Thanks for your help,

2 answers

1 vote

Most Atlassian users would use Confluence to record meetings (albeit doing specific issue updates in Jira), as there's a meetings template for doing exactly this.

A lot of us record meetings in Jira as tasks so we can log time against them, but some people do indeed take all the meeting notes into issues of type "meeting". 

If you're highly Jira-centred during your meetings it probably does make more sense to use Jira.  I'd be doing things like saying "Agenda is these 7 issues" and using issue links like "discuss in meeting" to point to them.  Not sure I'd bother minuting the parts of the meeting that get the issues updated during the meeting though, as the link and updates in issues tells people you did something.

Ok thank you: yes i've planned to send an agenda before the meeting with the list of tasks to be reviewed.

For the minutes, do you mean that the minutes are generally written directly in Jira as a type "task" or as a specific type "meeting" ?

Thanks

The last place I visited that using Jira for meetings had a host of structural stuff around it.  They had a specific type of issue for meetings.  You'd create a meeting when you knew you needed one, with

• Attendees (proposed)
  • Date and time
  • Agenda written into the description (although one line would be "discuss linked issues" rather than a list of issues)
  • Links to issues

Attendees would then add links if they had issues to discuss and then the updates during and after the meeting were

• A text box for minutes
  • A sub-task for each time someone got a task to do (e.g. Dave to look at three linked issues, Alice to go talk to the client, Marcia still hasn't done her timesheets, etc)
0 vote

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

127 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you