Project templates for projects with identical subtasks

Ryan Kaye
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 28, 2021

My company is currently going through a process where we are acquiring new locations and incorporating them in to our organization. The process involved in converting each new location to our business model follows the same series of steps from store to store. This means that every time we want to make an epic for a new conversion, we need to make a basically identical set of tasks for each new location.

I am looking for a way to create some sort of template to streamline this process. IE we acquire a location in Houston and add a Houston epic to our Conversion project with the given template. The Houston epic then contains all the necessary tasks and subtasks without the need to enter them manually. Does that functionality exist in Jira without paid add-ons?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

Hi @Ryan Kaye 

It does indeed!

In your project you'll see a lightning bolt icon which will allow you to create automations. Alternatively you can go to 'project settings' on the left hand sidebar and select 'automation'

Capture.JPG

From here you can create a rule (navigate to the rules tab from this image) and specify which sub-tasks to create when a particular issue type is created. You can get pretty creative with smart values populating fields for you and you can decide who to assign individual sub-tasks if it's the same person each time etc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events