Project specific "issue filter" drop down menu

Benny Fellman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 2, 2019

When creating a filter for a certain project, I want the dropdown list to only show me fields that are used by that project. However, I see hundreds of fields from all other projects, which is too much to browse through 

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2019

Hello Benny,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I believe you are meaning the field drop-down in the basic view of the issue navigator, is that correct? Are you using JIRA Cloud or Server?

If that's the case, once you specify the project and click to save the filter, the criteria will automatically remove the fields that are not applicable to that project, as you can see in the screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 11.04.23.png

If you are using JIRA Server, it's possible that maybe your current version does not have this functionality yet.

Additionally, the issue navigator functionality is a global feature which can return issues from several projects. That been said, it is not possible to restrict it to a single project if you don't save the filter specifying the projects you are needing to display, however, you can use the search box to find the specific field you are looking for.

Please, let me know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events