Project permissions missing

indra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2017

I installed two jira instances with same version,I migrated single project from one jira instance to another,migrated successfully except project permissions,how to migrated /get project permissions .

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2017

What method did you use to "migrate the project"?

indra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2017

Hi Nic

I am using "project import method",I assigned custom permission schema to project  then migrated to another jira instance it shows default permission schema.custom permission schema  missing.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2017

Project import only brings in the issues.

You will need to set up all the schemes and project config manually.

indra
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2017

Thanks Nic ,

Is there any better process/tools merge/migrate(projects,issues,project permissions,roles ...etc) to two jira instances without any manual configurations.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 14, 2017

Very much so - I'd use Botron's Configuration tool, or Awnba's Project Configurator to get the config from one system to another.

Suggest an answer