Project non-admin by default can't delete a ticket but can delete the project?

Dave Sky January 9, 2019

I'm not understanding this; as a user added to the project, I can create a task, but if it's an irrelevant task with no work on it and no plans for it, by default I don't have the option to delete it because I'm not an "admin", but I do notice I have the option to delete the project...

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2019

Admin rights and project rights are (rightly and sensibly) totally separate things.

Deleting a project is an admin thing, deleting an issue from a project is a project permission .  Of course, an admin can always change a project permission to give themselves project rights, but I would caution against it - every posting about "how do I delete issues" in this forum contains the good advice "don't, as you'll regret it" and are vastly outnumbered by "I allowed delete and now want to engage in the nightmare of restoring them".  I would add "unless you totally trust the people you give it to, and ideally make them sign something that says that if they get it wrong, they will never ask for a restoration".

Deleted user January 9, 2019

Suggest an answer