Project management risk tracking

I'm looking to use JIRA to track risk and issues in a standard project management environment (i.e. the project isn't specifically agile development orientated). We like the collaboration features but don't need to relate our risks and issues to development tasks.

I realise we could create a category of issue named 'risk' and add the fields we want and appropriate workflow but thought someone must have done this before. Does anyone have a configuration of risks/ issue fields etc. which would be suitable?

3 answers

SoftComply has developed a risk management add-on for JIRA Cloud users that is fully customizable - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com-softcomply-riskmanager-cloud/cloud/overview

For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us at info@softcomply.com / www.softcomply.com

0 vote

I had one customer who had Risk as an issue type. Pretty straight forward config.

Had summary, description, severity and owner as fields. Workflow was just Open and Closed. They were linking the risks to other issue types and was using the links in workflow conditions.

I know this is an old thread, but I can't resist. I've just built a plugin for JIRA that does the configuration for you. See http://www.projectbalm.com/risk-register/. It can be very tricky doing the kind of configuration you are imagining, especially when schemes are shared between projects. The Risk Register plugin creates a new Risk issue type, and sets you up with the field schemes, screen schemes, issue type schemes that you need. It also creates a workflow that is automatically attached to Risk issues. You can view your risks in a colorful risk matrix too.

But RISK management is now part of a larger tool

Things like Issues, Dependencies and Assumptions also need to be manged on the dashboard

How does this tool handle those customized needs?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

114 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you