Project main page empty

Deleted user November 7, 2018

Setting up a Scrum type project in JIRA Cloud. Just added 5 Story type issues, which are listed under All issues, but not under Open issues. All has the ToDo state. Why aren't they visible on the main page of the project (https://           .atlassian.net/projects/OOO/issues/?filter=allopenissues&orderby=priority%20DESC)?

Screenshot 2018-11-07 at 12.47.01.pngScreenshot 2018-11-07 at 12.48.03.png

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2018

The Open issues filter is a default filter in Jira Cloud.   By default it has the JQL search of

resolution = Unresolved order by priority DESC,updated DESC

In this case, it's only showing issues that have a resolution field that is empty or has the value called unresolved.    (Unresolved is a special value for this system field, the field itself is typically empty or null, but when that happens Jira will show the value as Unresolved )

I would be interested to see what the resolution values are for your issues.  If they have any other value they would not be expected to be returned by the JQL filter.  Usually when I see this it happens because someone has modified the field configuration and in turn made the resolution field required.  When you do this, it forces you to enter a value on that field at all times throughout the life of the issue.   Out of the box that system field is not required.  But when you make it required, it means you have to put some value in that field even when creating issues.

Deleted user November 13, 2018

Here I actually did the opposite: hid Resolution field from all screens as we are not using it ever. Can I check is there a value for an issue's resolution field without changing field configuration?

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2018

Perhaps you could make a REST call in order to see other issue fields such as resolution.   Perhaps you can make a call to the /rest/api/3/issue/{issueIdOrKey} endpoint to see if that information exists.

However if you have not used REST before with Jira, it might just be easier to temporarily add that field back to the screen in question to see what value exists there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events