Project admin

jrii September 18, 2019

To define the user to be a project admin, does he/she need to belong to Jira-administrator group?

I'm ok if project administrators touch some of project content/settings, but as we have common workflow in use I'm uneasy to let project admins to touch common workflows etc. 

-Jouni

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2019

Hi @jrii 

Project administrators can manage versions, components and manage people in the roles. They need not to be Jira administrators.

Ravi

jrii September 18, 2019

Thx, due to this I can remove quite a few people off :)

0 votes
Tania van Wyk de Vries March 29, 2020

To get a proper explanation of the different between jira and project admin and how to configure someone to be a project admin you can check out this course: Jira admin course.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2019

No.  Project admins are defined by "people who have project admin permission" in the permission scheme for the project.  Not the admin group (although a lot of us tend to add the admin group into a role that gives them project admin as well)

jrii September 18, 2019

True and was also my mistake, which is now corrected.

Suggest an answer