Project Templates

amy.p@teachingstrategies.com March 5, 2024

Hello,

Our technology department consists of many product teams, each operating within the Safe Agile SDLC framework. Some teams lean more towards Scrum, while others favor Kanban. Across the company, we have numerous Jira projects for various organizations. However, the software development teams primarily use one Jira project, leading to an excess of customized fields and labels.

As a result, we've overcomplicated the process of resolving issues and planning resource capacity. Consequently, the built-in Jira reports are no longer accurate due to all the custom fields and data.

I plan to create a test Jira project to identify the minimal number of items needed for teams to work issues from start to finish in the SDLC process. This will also allow us to confidently use the built-in Jira reports.

Could you recommend a suitable project template type?

Thank you so much!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2024

Hi Amy - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

It really doesn't matter which template you use because you are most likely going to modify it anyway. Just be sure to use a Jira Software Company-managed project. 

amy.p@teachingstrategies.com March 6, 2024

Thank you so much, John! we are hoping to stay close to a standard version template where the built-in reports like (Sprint Report | Burndown Chart | Burnup Chart | Velocity Chart | Epic Burndown Report) still work and accurately reflect the results. 

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2024

They will still work even if you make some modifications to the template. 

0 votes
Lukas Nicolai_Seibert_Media_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 15, 2024

Hey amy.p@teachingstrategies.com I am Product Marketing Manager at Seibert Media, and I think our Templating.app could also be a good solution for you.

With our feature, administrators can create Jira project templates with pre-defined schemes. After setup, non-admins can create projects based on templates with available schemes. This way, you may be able to avoid random custom fields and data in the future.

If you are interested in discussing your use case, we would love to jump on a call with you.

amy.p@teachingstrategies.com May 15, 2024

Thank you, Lukas! I will review this feature to see if it meets our needs. I may take you up on reviewing this feature further on a call too. Thanks again!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events