Project Statuts reporting from JIRA/Big Picture

Rakesh Pradhan May 11, 2023

Hi all

My org has a requirement to produce project reporting from JIRA . At the moment we have  powerpoint template with the classic standard fields such as 

project name, start date, end date, manager/Sponsor,  project RAG , commentary fields for executive summary and objectives next reporting period, a section on key risks and issues and a section on key milestones RAG.

The objective is to drive the reporting from a single source (jira) and output a standard report format.

is this available in the dashboard or gadgets view? i dont seem to be able to see on nor create one

is a solution to configure JIRA fields to capture these data points and extract out into a template ?

We also have Confluence so im interested to see the integration opportunities between Jira and confluence

thanks in advance for any insights 

1 answer

1 vote
TC Wang
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2023

Hi @Rakesh Pradhan 

I have some experience with Jira reporting and am happy to share it with you:

1) Advanced Roadmaps in Jira. This allows you to track and report project status across different projects/teams. You can also set custom fields in the roadmap to better suit your (exec) reporting needs.

2) Project Status Templates in Confluence. This is one of the templates I use in my current reporting. You can start with a template, integrate with Jira, and customize the page.

I unfortunately have no experience with Jira to PowerPoint reporting. Hopefully you can find some apps/plugins in the Atlassian Marketplace (or from third parties).

Hope the above helps!

Rakesh Pradhan May 19, 2023

Thanks very much - will get one of my team looking at the JIRA Confluence setup 

Like TC Wang likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events