Project Planning / Roadmap in Jira - Security Setup Question

Petrrr lein August 18, 2022

Hi all,

im working on a big software project with several stakeholders. Subsidiaries, Headquarter departments, project team, management, Key-Users, Users, etc...

Im facing the challenge of making the the development, what is planned, what is in the pipeline, etc. transparent without maintaining several different files / plans / gants charts, because basically all stakeholders expect another level of granularity. For example: Management only wants to see the product roadmap of annualy planned feature roadmap (epics), while users want to see progress of some specific tasks they requested, etc...

We are Jira with the "Big Picture" add on. So my idea is, to just plan the project in quarters, which each 3 sprints (1 month). Additionally, I would create Tags with filters for different stakeholders - so everyone can filter out whats in their interest. 

So far so good, my problem is: I dont want to give every single user access to the full project, so that they can read all user storys, tasks, bugs and comments on it. Sometimes we discuss stuff which shall be not written by our "customers". 

So in ideal world, I would grant them only access to the Issue Title, but when they click on it they cant access.  Is that possible? Is it possible with confluence?

Do you have any other good idea?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2022

@Petrrr lein Welcome to the Atlassian community

For them to see the issues they need to have access to them.   If you have issues that those individuals do not need to see you could use issue security to hide those issue from certain groups or individuals.  

I am a big fan of transparency and that has always worked best on all of my projects.  The ones where I do hide issues it gets out and then individuals become focused on that then on what needs to be done.

Suggest an answer