Project Lead depending on Issue Type (not project)

OK - I have project that has 2 issue types. Depending on which issue type is selected will determine who the recipient should be.

In the past, the only way I have been able to do this is having to set up 2 projects corresponding to each of the issue types and using the project lead assigned to the project.

But what this is meaning is that I'm getting a lot of projects and of course each time you have a different project there's quite a lot of setup required.

Now I know you can use Components and each component can be assigned a Component Lead who will then be the recipient of a new issue. But what this means is you have include the Component field on the issue screen - so the user has to select both the Issue Type as well as the Component, which in this case are one in the same thing.

Is there any other way to achieve this without having to create a separate project or having to add the component field to duplicate the issue type?

Thanks

David

1 answer

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2011

It will need a bit of development. Use a listener to assign the issue based on the issuetype selected.

You can also add a post function on the Create transition. Choose whichever you feel comfortable.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events