Project Import Error Using Project Configurator Add-On

Joanna Nelson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 5, 2018

addon-com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.projectco

When trying to import a complete project using the project configurator for jira add on, I keep getting an error raised that says:

"Uncompressing and first checks: results

An error occurred:

No projects left to import. Project(s) XXX will not be imported because they exist and are not empty in this JIRA instance"

What exactly does this mean and why is this happening?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2018

Hi Joana,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that when importing a complete project with issue data and attachments that Project Configurator uses the built-in Jira data import functionality which Jira Provides out of the box and that this functionality mandates that a project must be empty before data can be imported into it.

This means that like Alexy, said in the previous comment that you would need to delete the original project before you will be able to re-run the data import.

If the target instance already contains a project with the same key that is a different project then you will need to rename the Project in the source instance to have a new unique key which does not exist inside the target instance before generating a new export to import from. 

You can see further details on the process for importing a complete project inside of the documentation page located here.

If this response has answered your question can you please mark it as accepted so that other users searching for a similar question can see that this is a correct answer.

Regards,

Kristian

itsupport
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 1, 2019

Hi Kristian,

We are also facing the same issue and if I try with new key in source machine before export, it is throwing an error, like there is no project with mentioned key and you can try with creating new project with CUST key.

Can you help me on the same ASAP.

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2019

Hi Instancy,

We notice that you have raised this same question in your support ticket through the Project Configurator support portal and we can confirm that we are dealing with your question through the support portal.

Regards,

Kristian

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2018

Hello,

Before import a project to an existing project, you should delete all issues from the project, where you want to import your data.

itsupport
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 1, 2019

I was verified that, there is no issues exist in my service desk project but it's still throwing an error after re-indexing.

No projects left to import. Project(s) CUST will not be imported because they exist and are not empty in this JIRA instance

Suggest an answer