Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups
  • Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • Project Central was discussed at Summit, what is the plug-in used for emailing summary of projects people subscribe to?

Project Central was discussed at Summit, what is the plug-in used for emailing summary of projects people subscribe to?

7 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

As Bryan mentioned above - we finally have a solution for this! Love to hear all your feedback https://www.atlassian.com/software/team-central

If folks are interested, we also have a community group around this : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Team-Central/gh-p/teamcentral

I don't think it is available as a plugin.  One of the questions that followed the presentation, (skip to 28:20 in the online presentation) was about what tool was used and Ron Romain described it as a simple microservice of about 1200 lines based on Node.js

Yep. Other wise, it's just a JIRA project specifically for projects :-) We use the same at my company but we also include a lot more information in it that's needed to track the project.

MarkW - Did you write an email program to send out status? We're on Jira Cloud and I'm trying to figure out how to do this? Getting that last comment is crucial for making this successful. (The Filter Subscriptions suggestion doesn't send the last Comment.)

Hi @Jane Sherman - No, I had not written an email program, yet. I was only stating that we use a JIRA project like Project Central except ours is called Project Description and it houses all sorts of project information with some automation built in.

2 votes

If anyone is still interested in this topic, we're currently looking into what we can do in this area and would love to speak to any customers looking to improve how they align their teams status updates, at scale. 

Feel free to reach out and I'll set something up to share how we're going and would love to learn from you! smansour at atlassian dot com

2 votes
MattS Rising Star Mar 15, 2016

Any updates on this?

1 vote
Ron Romain Atlassian Team Dec 06, 2015

The connect add-on we use for sending out weekly emails isn't available as a plugin yet. It's a short connect based add-on that run's weekly to aggregate what people are watching and highlight any changes made in the previous week. A few other things are aggregated by it as well, like new projects, but overall that's what it does. We currently don't have a definite timeline on when the connect add-on will be made available.

@Ronald Romain, could you clarify if Atlassian intends to develop the connect add-on as a plugin? I'm sure we're not alone in wanting to leverage it smile

I'd like to second this request for info.  I'd also like to see this available in Cloud.  Thanks!

0 votes
Capi _resolution_ Marketplace Partner Apr 22, 2019

Since the link in @bryan_morgan's response is broken, I'd like to leave a link to the presentation he mentions on Slideshare: https://www.slideshare.net/GoAtlassian/cutting-through-the-noise-breaking-down-hierarchical-communication-channels-and-silos

Suggest an answer