Progress is not 100% for Done task

Vishal Biyani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2021

For the sub-tasks that are in Done statusCategory and have resolution set, i see that in some cases progress% is not 100%.

One of the anomalies that i notice for such sub-tasks is -

1. There is no original estimate defined

2. Developer did not log any time against the subtask

Is there a way to make the progress % as 100% even though there is no work logged against such tasks?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2021

Hi @Vishal Biyani 

Just to confirm...

• You have Subtasks below a Task (or similar standard issue type)
  • The Subtasks are all in a "Done" status with a resolution set
  • The % does not say 100%

...?

---

The estimates / time logged shouldn't impact the % completion of the Subtasks in my experience - it's a count of Subtasks completed.

A few things you can check:

• Confirm all the issues have resolutions. On the parent issue, click options (3-dots icon) just above the % value and select View in search
  • Check the percentage and try to work out if it represents an exact number of Subtasks.
    • If it does, it'll give you an idea of how many are missing from the % and you can look for anomalies (not just time-based ones)
    • If it does not, it's more likely a data issue. Let us know how you have Jira setup for Parents/Subtasks in more detail

---

Let us know how you go. Feel free to provide us details from the things to check above, with any supporting screenshots!

Ste

Vishal Biyani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2021

@Stephen Wright _Elabor8_  Thanks for your response.

The structure that i am using is:

Initiative -> Epic -> Standard IssueType -> SubTask Issue Type.

I search the sub-task issues under Story as you suggested. I have 4 subtasks underneath the Story. Added Progress column in results window.

What is notice is -

1. All the sub-tasks are in Done category with Resolution = Done set.
  2. 1 subtask has no Progress bar (original estimate=0m, No remaining estimate, No Work Log added to this sub-task)
  3. 1 subtask has 100% as remaining estimate is 0
  4. Other 2 subtasks are not 100% complete as they have remaining estimate

What should i do in order to get progress = 100% for #2?

See screenshot below. Any suggestions to fix this anomaly at sub-task level will be really helpful.
screenshot.JPG

Suggest an answer