Product Roadmap

border_water November 6, 2019

I believe there is "Product Roadmap" feature in Jira. But I cannot see that.

How do I see "Product Roadmap" feature in Jira ?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Evan Golden {VisualScript}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 6, 2019

It is available in Cloud in Next Gen projects.  

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/roadmap-957979308.html

Are you using Cloud?

How do I find out if it is Cloud or Server ?a.png

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 6, 2019

Are you hosting Jira, or are you using a Jira site that is hosted with Atlassian?  Based on what I am seeing it appears you are using server version of Jira.

I believe I am using Jira site.

How do I find that out ? I am a team member.

Thanks

Marketplace Partner
November 6, 2019

what is the url for your Jira?

Marketplace Partner
November 6, 2019

I think you are on server.  v7.11.0 . You wont have access to a built-in roadmap in server.  There are roadmap applications on the marketplace including VisualScript for Jira, Structure.Gantt, and Big Gantt.  In order to get a roadmap for your planning and reporting, you would probably need one of those.

I would talk to your Jira Administrator.

Like border_water likes this

If I am given the Administrator role... then what is the next step ?

Marketplace Partner
November 6, 2019

you would need to purchase a 3rd party application that has a product roadmap from the Atlassian marketplace. 

Search for the apps I listed above, and find one that works for you.  From there you can install it and use it.

ok, thank you.

0 votes
Winston Blick March 24, 2021

Jira roadmaps typically end up becoming delivery roadmaps/release plans which is what they're meant to be used for. If you want a product roadmap that you can share with business stakeholders and colleagues across your organization, check out Productboard.

A few advantages:

- Create a high-level product roadmap that can be shared with all your colleagues

- Easily manage many product roadmaps (based off the same underlying data, so all automatically stay up-to-date)

- Instantaneously filter roadmaps to see just the features that matter to a given customer or customer segment, based on actual feedback you've received

- More capabilities to help product managers prioritize what goes on the roadmap in the first place

- A two-way integration with Jira supports seamless workflows between both systems

0 votes
Mathias Dirksmeier December 17, 2020

You currently cannot see child issues from other projects on the roadmap, please upvote here:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-21093 

Suggest an answer