Problems after restore

Roberto Lodigiani April 29, 2022

Jira Server :Due to a problem encountered it was necessary to restore the most recent backup

but   a new problem raised

Some new Issue was created  after this the backup has been restored , in this way we lost the issue created , when we created new issues ,after restoring ,we discovered that the new issues have the same IDs as the old one 

As example :

step 1  : Backup 

step 2   : after sometimes ( suppose 1 day after)  "Projectx_1234"  is created

step 3 :  Backup restored

Step 4 : creating a new issue   takes the Id  "Projectx_1234"

Selecting sigle issue  "Projectx_1234" the issue created in Step 4 is displayed  but if a Query JQL is created  (example " Issuekey = "Projectx_1234")  two issues with same  ID is shown , one equal to the one created in step 2 and one equal to the one created in step 4 ; Selecting  both of them the content shown is only the one created in step 4

Does anyone has an idea how to  avoid showing the "old issue" performing the queries ?

Roberto

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Bartolome
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2022

Hi @Roberto Lodigiani ,

You can try with a re-index to see how it displays. I think you should have done that after restoring your instance (good practise).

If your main purpose is to avoid the duplicate ids to come up on a JQL query, as workaround, you can create a security level for jira-admins (only) and apply it accordingly to those issues. While querying only jira-admins will be able to see those.

You can always leave the security level empty so nobody should have access to those issues until you add a group or person to it

Roberto Lodigiani April 29, 2022

Thank You Sam 

I did only a Partial Reindex on some specific Issuetypes , probably better to do a Full reindex I will try it

Roberto 

Suggest an answer