Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Problems after restore

Jira Server :Due to a problem encountered it was necessary to restore the most recent backup

but   a new problem raised

Some new Issue was created  after this the backup has been restored , in this way we lost the issue created , when we created new issues ,after restoring ,we discovered that the new issues have the same IDs as the old one 

As example :

step 1  : Backup 

step 2   : after sometimes ( suppose 1 day after)  "Projectx_1234"  is created

step 3 :  Backup restored

Step 4 : creating a new issue   takes the Id  "Projectx_1234"

Selecting sigle issue  "Projectx_1234" the issue created in Step 4 is displayed  but if a Query JQL is created  (example " Issuekey = "Projectx_1234")  two issues with same  ID is shown , one equal to the one created in step 2 and one equal to the one created in step 4 ; Selecting  both of them the content shown is only the one created in step 4

Does anyone has an idea how to  avoid showing the "old issue" performing the queries ?

Roberto

1 answer

Hi @Roberto Lodigiani ,

You can try with a re-index to see how it displays. I think you should have done that after restoring your instance (good practise).

If your main purpose is to avoid the duplicate ids to come up on a JQL query, as workaround, you can create a security level for jira-admins (only) and apply it accordingly to those issues. While querying only jira-admins will be able to see those.

You can always leave the security level empty so nobody should have access to those issues until you add a group or person to it

Thank You Sam 

I did only a Partial Reindex on some specific Issuetypes , probably better to do a Full reindex I will try it

Roberto 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you