Problem with the searching issues on text

Maciej Brachfogiel September 6, 2018

Hello,

I don`t how can I serch issues:

I would like to find issues that in "Summary" begins with '[' then five numbers and then ']'
for example: '[12345]', '[00341]', etc

I tried to use something like that: \\[?????\\] or \\[*\\] but it dosn`t work :(

Can You help my or suggest something ? :)

Best regards

Maciej Brachfogiel 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
MoroSystems Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2018

Hi Maciej,

You can try:

Issues -> Search for Issues

You have the choice of Basic search (clik choise) or Advance search (by typing JQL). See documentation Searching for issues.

To search for any text use JQL: 

summary ~ "\\[example\\]"
summary ~ "\\[12345\\]"

Best Regards

Pavel

MoroSystems Support

Hi,

Thanks but I think we didn`t understand each other :)

Maybe I will give You an example:

I have a lot of issues with Summary starts like this: [11111], [22222], [33333], [other], SOMETHING

I would like to create a searching schema that allows me to find list of issues from example: [11111], [22222], [33333] (without: [other], SOMETHING)
I tried to use this:

summary ~ "\\[?????\\]"

but it doesn`t gives me any results :(

MoroSystems Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2018

Hi, 

JQL does not have regex by default. But you can use ScriptRunner plugin and its JQL functions, for example:

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/jql-functions.html#_issuefieldmatch

Regards,

Martin

MoroSystems Support

Maciej Brachfogiel September 10, 2018

Thanks !!!

I have to try it !!!

Regards,

Maciek B.

MoroSystems Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2018

One more thing...there should be regular expressions by default in JQL in Jira 8, but there is no release date given for Jira 8 yet...

Regards,

Martin

MoroSystems Support

0 votes

In Advanced mode: summary ~ "\\[?????\\]" doesn`t gives any results

but for example summary ~ "\\[17449\\]" - works

Suggest an answer