Problem with required fields displaying on the correct tab

esinclair November 11, 2014

In version 4.4.5, I've created 5 tabs and added all 5 to the create, edit and view screens of an issue type.  All fields showed up on the correct tabs until I made some of them required.  After making some fields required, no matter which tab they are supposed to be on, the required fields show up on all 5 tabs in the create and edit screens. 

In the documentation about creating tabs and about requiring fields, there is no mention of a conflict.  Has anyone else experienced this?  If so, how did you work around it?

1 answer

0 votes
Jennifer Kellogg January 14, 2016

I am experiencing something similar. Mine was working until the upgrade. Now all the fields appear on every tab on the edit screen. The view screen still seems to be fine. This isn't the case for all issue types though. Only one issue type is working this way. I assume this has to do with the fields (and possibly whether they are required or not) Other issues that have other fields are just fine.

I put in a support request because I cannot find any documented knowledge on this.

Suggest an answer