Problem with moving issues

Ryan Belmont
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2012

Hi all,

I've been asked to investigated moving issues between projects as a means to change the project key (key included a client that is no longer a client). I've run into a bit of a quirk with the process.

I can select a new project for issues to move to, but I can't seem to keep the same issue type. When I get to the move screen the fields basically say "Project 1 --> Project 1" and "Story --> Story" (project, issue type). When I change to "Project 1 --> Project 2," the second set of fields change to "Story --> Bug." I can change Bug in this example to any issue type except Story, for whatever reason.

Does anyone know why I can't keep the same issue type when moving between projects? Is this intended behavior?

Thanks,
Ryan

4 answers

0 votes
Ryan Belmont
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2012

I will probably have to submit a ticket, just figured I'd ask here in case someone knew what the issue was.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2012

I doubt that is right - if you can create stories in the target project, then it shouldn't change. The only thing I can think of that would change this behaviour is a customised move or a listener that's changing type.

However, as this is an OnDemand installation, you really need to raise this with OnDemand support, because we don't know why your system is different from standard!

0 votes
Ryan Belmont
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2012

The configurations of the two projects are 100% identical.

0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2012
Do Project1 and Project2 have the same issue type scheme?

Suggest an answer