Problem with email notifications

Vladimir Gruzdev
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 29, 2018

Good day!

From November 8, email notifications began to look like this.

How to remove garbage appeared in the letters?

1.png1.png

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2018

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for reaching out to our Community!
If you or other user are using Outlook as a mail client, this issue must be related to this. This issue occurs because this is how Outlook renders the email content.
We had a bug related to this problem, but it was closed as "Won't fix":

- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-65169

This is known to be caused by an open-source email filtering plugin called MailScanner. JIRA sends ld+json markup inside a <script> tag to support Gmail button actions, as described in their documentation. Since scripts inside of email HTML should never be executed by modern email clients, this markup should generally be used to support the Gmail client and discarded by other clients. However, MailScanner can be configured to disarm script tags, which then passes them through to email clients in plain text.

This has no adverse impact, however it distorts the final rendered email notification from JIRA. We consider this a known issue; however we have been advised by the Gmail team that there is no workaround at this time.

We recommend that customers revisit their MailScanner settings.

Dave Meyer
Senior Product Manager, JIRA

Hope this clarifies!
If you are not using Outlook, please let us know what mail client you or the affected users are using.

Regards,
Angélica

Filipe Luciano Constante
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 7, 2019

Hi!

In Thunderbird client also has the same problem!

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2019

Hi Filipe,

Is your team using an email filter called MailScanner?
This is known to cause problems with the email formatting.
You can check if they are using it and ask them to reenable script tags.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer