Problem with description creating issues ftom email

Natalia Torres May 26, 2015

Hi,

i configure my JIRA installation to create issues from email and it work fine.

The problem was when i reply from my email to an issue because seems my email signature has some character that JIRA doesn't accept.

In log trace I found:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name

Position

Company name

Adress

Phone number ● Fax number ● email_adress

website ●Twitter ● Facebook ●Linkedin

------------------------------------------------------------------------
][priority,3][timeestimate,null][duedate,null][timeoriginalestimate,null][watches,0][key,PC-30] (SQL Exception while executing the following:INSERT INTO jiraissue (ID, pkey, PROJECT, REPORTER, ASSIGNEE, issuetype, SUMMARY, DESCRIPTION, ENVIRONMENT, PRIORITY, RESOLUTION, issuestatus, CREATED, UPDATED, DUEDATE, RESOLUTIONDATE, VOTES, WATCHES, TIMEORIGINALESTIMATE, TIMEESTIMATE, TIMESPENT, WORKFLOW_ID, SECURITY, FIXFOR, COMPONENT) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) (Incorrect string value: '\xE2\x97\x8F080...' for column 'DESCRIPTION' at row 1))
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDAO.singleInsert(GenericDAO.java:136)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDAO.insert(GenericDAO.java:101)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericHelperDAO.create(GenericHelperDAO.java:64)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator.create(GenericDelegator.java:487)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator.create(GenericDelegator.java:467)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericValue.create(GenericValue.java:98)
at com.atlassian.jira.ofbiz.DefaultOfBizDelegator.createValue(DefaultOfBizDelegator.java:374)
... 22 more

If I tried to reply deleting the signature it works fine.

The big problem is that it is the oficial signature from all employes in the comany and it is dificult that every one delete the signature before to reply the email.

Any idea how can I solve it?

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2015

There seem to be some wierd characters in your email signature.

You could simply try to find out which is the exact offending character and remove that from the email signature.

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer