Problem with 'UserPickerSearcher' after upgrade to 7.0

Jasper Elzinga October 13, 2015

Hello,

I'm currently in the process of upgrading JIRA 6.4 to 7.0. The installation etc went smoothly, but now i'm getting the following error when trying to load a page:

2015-10-13 14:22:46,261 http-bio-18091-exec-5 ERROR      [o.a.c.c.C.[.[localhost].[/].[action]] Servlet.service() for servlet [action] in context with path [] threw exception

com.atlassian.cache.CacheException: com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'com.atlassian.jira.toolkit.customfield.searchers.UserPickerSearcher': Bean instantiation via constructor failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.atlassian.jira.toolkit.customfield.searchers.UserPickerSearcher]: Constructor threwexception; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.searchers.UserPickerSearcher.<init>(Lcom/atlassian/jira/jql/resolver/UserResolver;Lcom/atlassian/jira/jql/operand/JqlOperandResolver;Lcom/atlassian/jira/security/JiraAuthenticationContext;Lcom/atlassian/jira/issue/customfields/converters/UserConverter;Lcom/atlassian/jira/bc/user/search/UserPickerSearchService;Lcom/atlassian/jira/issue/customfields/searchers/transformer/CustomFieldInputHelper;Lcom/atlassian/jira/user/util/UserManager;Lcom/atlassian/jira/web/FieldVisibilityManager;)V

<snip>

Sorry for the bad formatting/line endings. For the complete log see: http://pastebin.com/rgPE4xyv

Every pageload seems to give a slightly different error, i've left a few in there at the bottom of the log.

As far as i can tell it all comes down to:

Error creating bean with name 'com.atlassian.jira.toolkit.customfield.searchers.UserPickerSearcher'

I have googled this but can't seem to find anything useful. I've tried removing some unnessecary plugins and empty the plugin cache. Did some restarts, but no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jasper

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2015

Have you got the right version of the "JIRA Toolkit" addon installed?

1 vote

Hmm.. looks like that addon is not compatible with 7.0 yet. I've removed it and now things seem to work.

Thanks a lot!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2015

Ahh, yes, I admit I've not kept up with compatibility. The Toolkit should be done soon though - too many people rely on it in Cloud, so there's pressure to get it updated.

Alright, nice. I'll be waiting for it :)

Johannes Koch October 14, 2015

Hey Nic - any ETA on it?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2015

I haven't looked! I'm not monitoring it - most of our clients haven't upgraded yet, and I have a tendency to wait until my favourite add-ons are upgraded.

Johannes Koch October 15, 2015

Ah, thanks - I thought you own the plugin anyway. Sorry for the confusion.

Suggest an answer