Problem with 'UserPickerSearcher' after upgrade to 7.0

Hello,

I'm currently in the process of upgrading JIRA 6.4 to 7.0. The installation etc went smoothly, but now i'm getting the following error when trying to load a page:

 

2015-10-13 14:22:46,261 http-bio-18091-exec-5 ERROR      [o.a.c.c.C.[.[localhost].[/].[action]] Servlet.service() for servlet [action] in context with path [] threw exception

com.atlassian.cache.CacheException: com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'com.atlassian.jira.toolkit.customfield.searchers.UserPickerSearcher': Bean instantiation via constructor failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.atlassian.jira.toolkit.customfield.searchers.UserPickerSearcher]: Constructor threwexception; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.searchers.UserPickerSearcher.<init>(Lcom/atlassian/jira/jql/resolver/UserResolver;Lcom/atlassian/jira/jql/operand/JqlOperandResolver;Lcom/atlassian/jira/security/JiraAuthenticationContext;Lcom/atlassian/jira/issue/customfields/converters/UserConverter;Lcom/atlassian/jira/bc/user/search/UserPickerSearchService;Lcom/atlassian/jira/issue/customfields/searchers/transformer/CustomFieldInputHelper;Lcom/atlassian/jira/user/util/UserManager;Lcom/atlassian/jira/web/FieldVisibilityManager;)V

  <snip>

 

Sorry for the bad formatting/line endings. For the complete log see: http://pastebin.com/rgPE4xyv

 

Every pageload seems to give a slightly different error, i've left a few in there at the bottom of the log.

 

As far as i can tell it all comes down to:

Error creating bean with name 'com.atlassian.jira.toolkit.customfield.searchers.UserPickerSearcher'

 

I have googled this but can't seem to find anything useful. I've tried removing some unnessecary plugins and empty the plugin cache. Did some restarts, but no luck.

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 

Thanks,

Jasper

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

Have you got the right version of the "JIRA Toolkit" addon installed?

Hmm.. looks like that addon is not compatible with 7.0 yet. I've removed it and now things seem to work.

 

Thanks a lot!

Ahh, yes, I admit I've not kept up with compatibility. The Toolkit should be done soon though - too many people rely on it in Cloud, so there's pressure to get it updated.

Alright, nice. I'll be waiting for it :)

Hey Nic - any ETA on it?

I haven't looked! I'm not monitoring it - most of our clients haven't upgraded yet, and I have a tendency to wait until my favourite add-ons are upgraded.

Ah, thanks - I thought you own the plugin anyway. Sorry for the confusion.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Join to answer
Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,314 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot