Problem with JavaScript in description field

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2012

Hi,

I am facing a problem using Javascript in the description field. As soon as I change the issue type (issue creation screen) the scripts are being ignored.

Example 1: Replacing the "None" option in select field

<script type="text/javascript">try
{var select = document.getElementById('customfield_10071');select.options[0].text="";}
</script>

The code above is in a field description associated with a project and an issue type. If I create an issue and the issue is the first to pop up in the issue type list (e.g. the most recent to have been created) the scripts fire. If I select another issue type with other scripts in their field descriptions those are being ignored...

Example 2: Hiding the Assign to me link

&lt;script type="text/javascript"&gt;   
AJS.$("#assign-to-me-trigger").hide()     
&lt;/script&gt;

Any of you has experienced this behaviour?

Thanks in advance

Christian

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2013

Found a solution. Fixed the none option problem in the VM-file (issue has been fixed by Atlassian aswell) and edited my JS to sth. like this

&lt;script type="text/javascript"&gt;
jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
 XX();
  JIRA.bind(JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, function (e,context) { XX(); });
});

function XX()
&lt;/script&gt;

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2012

you need to add javascript file using webresource module in plugin insted of adding in description

find thesample webresource module below

&lt;web-resource key="test-js" name="javascript"&gt;
        &lt;dependency&gt;jira.webresources:global-static&lt;/dependency&gt;
        &lt;description&gt;JavaScript&lt;/description&gt;
        &lt;resource name="test.js" type="download" location="templates/js/test.js" /&gt;
        &lt;context&gt;atl.general&lt;/context&gt;        
   &lt;/web-resource&gt;

test.js file like

JIRA.bind(JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, function (e,context) {
AJS.$("#assign-to-me-trigger").hide()  
});

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2012

Hey, I'll try that. Thank you in advance...

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2012

Hey rambanam, one question, why does the javascript, if I use it in the field description, just fire once?

Cheers Christian

Suggest an answer