Problem Creating a Notification Email on Transition

Hello All - 

I am having trouble with somthing that (I think) should be easy to do. At a certain transition in my workflow I would like to have an email notification sent to a person. 

From the screenshots you can see that I've configured Issues Assigned to an email address, and I've added the Issues Assigned event to my post function. Currently no email gets sent out when an Issue goes through this transition.

Does anyone have any ideas about what I'm missing? Thanks in advance. Issue Assigned.pngPost Function.png

1 answer

0 vote

When you use the "Single email address" notitication in a JIRA notification scheme, there is a still a matter of whether or not that user/email address actually has the permissions to view this issue (in JIRA).  I'm not sure if that is the case here, but it seems like the most likely cause for this not working as expected.

This option for a "single email address notification" only works if the project is public and the "Browse" permission on that project is set to the "Anyone" group.  There is also a note about this when you configure this the first time:

Notifications will be sent only for public issues. Public issues are issues which have a Permission scheme that gives the 'Browse Projects' permission to 'Anyone'(any non-logged-in users).

See also Creating a notification scheme

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,329 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot